There are several benefits of promoting equality, diversity and inclusion:
- The best candidate from the widest pool of applicants is appointed to post.
- There should be reasonable adjustments for the disabled to ensure they are not disadvantaged at work.
- The working environment values differences between staff and expects an environment that embraces fairness, dignity and respect.
- There is an opportunity for a reasonable work-life balance, for example opportunities to work from home, part-time or flexible hours.
- There are opportunities for getting training, career development and promotion based on merit, performance, skills, knowledge and relevant experience for the role.